Novatel Wireless Announces MT 1200, a Programmable Mobile Tracking Solution for Fleet Management, Insurance and Other Connected Car Applications
Telematics is the cornerstone for efficient logistics and fleet management and a key option for insurers looking to increase customer loyalty and offer value-add services. According to
Designed to simplify integration and use, the compact MT 1200 offers "tried and true" vehicle tracking and driver behavior monitoring features combined with an open platform option and a best-in-class user experience designed for swift integration and efficient management. The MT 1200 supports GPRS, CDMA2000® 1xRTT, and HSDPA technologies.
With the open platform option, the MT 1200 offers the flexibility to host software applications from Telematics Service Providers (TSPs), ideal for aftermarket solution providers to port their proprietary code for easy integration with their applications. This open platform is complemented by the MT 1200 on-board Smart Agent™, a programmable software engine that enables customers to customize event reporting based on their needs, such as defining geo-fences, setting specific behavior reporting and even enabling or disabling remote starts.
In addition to programmable options, the MT 1200 also offers a unique combination of leading technology features, such as:
- Supports both GPS and GLONASS
- Low Power Sleep (LPS) mode to avoid vehicle battery draining when parked for long periods of time
- Built-in internal back up battery
- Highly sensitive 3-axis digital accelerometer for the most accurate behavior reporting possible, including environmental factors, hard cornering, precise collision reporting, hard acceleration and hard braking and more
- Accelerometer auto-calibration for device orientation
- Professional Services support to help facilitate Trials, Pilot and Production rollout
- Cloud Management with N4A™, offering a scalable cloud solution for device management, OTA updates and monitoring
This release may contain forward-looking statements, which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended to date. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. A number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements contained herein. These factors include risks relating to technological changes, new product introductions, continued acceptance of Novatel Wireless' products and dependence on intellectual property rights. These factors, as well as other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, are discussed in more detail in Novatel Wireless' filings with the
(C) 2015 Novatel Wireless. All rights reserved. Novatel Wireless and MiFi are trademarks of Novatel Wireless, Inc.
CONTACT: Media Contact:
Novatel Wireless Anette Gaven619-993-3058 firstname.lastname@example.org
News Provided by Acquire Media